First things first… Ya’ gotta make some weed butter. The ingredient no kitchen should be without.
Whether you call it weed spread, budbutter, cannabutter, nugbutter, trimspread or mary margarine… The weed butter is a staple of every cannabis cook!
Ratio 1lb. of butter (4 sticks) to 1 oz. of cannabis
Ingredients / Supplies
|~ 1 oz of weed||~ 4 sticks of butter|
|~ 1 large saucepan||~ 2 plastic bowls / tupperware with lids|
|~ cheese cloth / rubberbands||~ stir spoon|
- Bring a few cups of water to a boil… You don’t have to be specific on the amount of water. Prep like your boiling noodles.
- Add in the butter and keep stirring to prevent burning. Reducing heat as butter melts. Make sure heat is low if you stop stirring.
- Make sure heat is low and add in the bud. Stir occasionally and let simmer for 3 hours. The mixture will thicken when close to done.
- Fasten the cheesecloth over a large plastic bowl with the rubber bands.
- Pour the entire contents onto the cheesecloth. The butter/water will go into the bowl while the weed stays in the cheesecloth.
- Remove the rubberbands and cheesecloth squeezing out excess water/butter into the bowl… toss the weed.
- Place the lid on your container and put in the fridge over night. The water will seperate and you will have a large chunk of butter on top of water in the morning.
- Drain off the water and enjoy your chunk of Bud Butter.
- Store and use like normal butter!
Have fun and enjoy!
*Ingredient note… We use bottom buds for our butter. We use 1 oz. per pound of buds that didn’t make the cut to be in one of our bags. This is our preference and we’re able to supply that from our gardens. You may want to use trimmings if your weed must be budgeted. If its a special desert or recipe you may use some of your best weed. Butter will reflect the quality of the cannabis you had.